Call for Board Nominations
Nominate someone (or yourself) to join the AWIS board
With a few existing board members completing their terms this year, the AWIS Board of Directors will be adding two (2) new directors for the July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2026 term. If you or someone you know would like to set the strategic direction of AWIS, share your circle of influence to grow the organization, and further the AWIS mission … read on!
Do you have any of the following skills/expertise?
- Accounting and auditing skills (chair the audit committee)
- Development/Fundraising expertise
- Innovative mindset and experience transforming organizations
- Knowledge of science policy and advocacy
- STEM workforce experience
The Role of the Board
The AWIS board will meet 4 times a year and set the direction of the organization. Board members are also expected to donate annually (the amount depends on your passion for the mission and your ability to give) and to utilize your social and professional networks to benefit AWIS initiatives such as fundraising, partnerships and co-marketing to advance the AWIS mission.
Learn More About AWIS
Through your leadership with AWIS, you will impact and amplify the career achievements of women in the scientific workforce. Learn how board members collaborate with the Association’s executive leadership, operating committees, volunteers, and members.
- Review the full job description and required competencies.
- Downloadand submit the application by 12 p.m. ET on April 17, 2023.
- Applications will be reviewed by the nominating Committee which is comprised of members of the existing AWIS board.
- Nominating committee will share the slate and open member voting on May 8, 2023.
- Member town hall and vote will be held on June 8, 2023.
- Terms begin July 1, 2023. If you have questions, read the FAQ or contact email@example.com.