Get Involved with AWIS
Help lead the fight for equity and diversity with AWIS. Check out our volunteer positions!
For 50 years, AWIS has been championing women in science. If you are also passionate about advancing gender equity, consider joining a committee or assuming a leadership position. Volunteering is a rewarding experience, and you will enjoy collaborating with an exceptional team of committed professionals!
Volunteering with AWIS can help you:
- meet people who have taken similar career paths
- build your personal resume, experience, and skillsets
- give back and pave the way for other women
- make an impact and be part of something bigger than yourself
Check below for our latest opportunities!
- Become a mentor. We can connect you with your local chapter or match you with someone virtually.
- Join the Advocacy Taskforce. Meet monthly to review and refresh AWIS policy agenda, support Capitol Hill Day, and State Capitol Days.
- Join the Educational Awards Committee. Meet one hour a month February through April to evaluate and determine this year’s award recipients. Inform applications of the outcome
- Join the Writing Team. Meet once a quarter to discuss the upcoming AWIS magazine theme and trends. Volunteer to write an article for the magazine or a blog for our online content hub if there is a topic that interests you and your schedule allows.
- Share your expertise on a webinar. If you frequently speak on professional development topics, diversity or advocacy issues – our members likely want to hear from you!
- Volunteer with your local chapter. Chapters need engaged members to serve as board leaders and committee heads, provide marketing support and website updates, and a variety of other volunteer positions.
- Speak at virtual and in-person events. AWIS members can join our speakers’ bureau to be notified about speaking opportunities on topics like DEI, imposter syndrome, gender equity, and more.