Policies against sexual harassment have been in place for many years. Congress continues to push agencies to do more to prevent sexual harassment in extramural research settings. A public calling for a new rule for government agencies that award research grants could influence change in culture.
Tune into Kristen M. Schwendinger to hear her:
- Provide an update about the NSF, NIH, and NASA requirements incorporated into the terms of research grants
- Review the current regulatory requirements, and new mechanisms for complainants to report outside their own institution
- Discuss each policy’s potential impact, and the extent of their implementation
- Discuss how requirements in research grants related to discrimination could be used to leverage change in behavior
- Reflect on the differences between University action versus action by federal agency
WATCH THE RECORDING (You must be an AWIS member. Join today or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for group screening information.)
Kristen M. Schwendinger is a senior counsel who represents universities, non-profit and for-profit organizations in Research Compliance, Federal Grants, and Litigation & Government Investigations.