Request for Proposals
Digital Marketing and Communications Contractor
Release Date: 11/1/2022
Vendor Information Request for Communications Professional
The Association for Women in Science (AWIS) is one of the largest multi-discipline organizations for women in science dedicated to achieving equity and full participation of women in all disciplines and across all employment sectors. With a 50-year history of championing women in science and over 30 grassroots chapters, AWIS offers opportunities for professional development, recognition, and networking with members, allies and supporters worldwide. Learn more about AWIS at https://www.awis.org.
Required Scope of Work
The association requires support for the marketing and communications department including: social media, member communications, content development, and distribution.
- Work across AWIS social media platforms to increase brand awareness, member and donor recruitment, and achieve AWIS mission.
- Create and post 6 times per week to AWIS social media channels (currently Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram).
- Monitor AWIS social media channels
- Curate content and identify trending topics that intersect with gender and the STEM community.
- Draft and post blogs or other AWIS content to awis.org (WordPress/Divi).
- Create and manage weekly member e-newsletter.
- Review and manage community stakeholder e-newsletter provided by Multiview.
- Manage production of quarterly magazine.
- Recommend themes or articles.
- Manage volunteer writer committee to create content.
- Write articles (as needed).
- Manage writing, editing, and design review cycles.
Not required, but please indicate if you also have experience in these areas:
- Assist in communications strategy development to support audience segments including members, donors, and general public.
- Write, post, and distribute press releases.
- Develop and produce video clips for AWIS website, YouTube, and social channels.
- Prepare AWIS for Google Analytics 4 (GA4) implementation in July 2023.
Please provide your proposal by November 15, 2022. Our goal is to select a candidate or vendor by December 5, 2022, to begin work by December 12, 2022.
Please provide the following, as well as any additional information you believe is directly relevant to our selection.
- Brief overview of your experience in association communications and/or DEI initiatives.
- Please include the number of individuals in your company and the level of experience the likely main point of contact will have.
- Your rates or billing structure.
- Samples of similar previous work or projects that demonstrate experience with DEI initiatives and/or mission-based organizations.
- A list of clients with whom you’ve worked and references, if available.
Our initial estimated monthly budget range for this type of work is $40 to $50 per hour for an estimated 20 hours per week or an estimated monthly budget of $3,000 to $4,000. However, we anticipate proposals will vary based on levels of expertise and experience.
Selection Process & Information Submission
The staff will review the responses, identify finalists, conduct interviews, make an offer, and notify applicants.
Please submit your response to AWIS via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AWIS does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, promotion, compensation, termination, leaves of absence, training, development, and advancement. AWIS recognizes that we live and work in a diverse world and values the skills and abilities of employees from all cultural backgrounds and traditions.